The under fire National Democratic Congress (NDC) financier Alfred Woyome has been picked up by the security agencies following orders from President John Evans Atta Mills.
He is currently at the Police Headquarters for questioning exactly 24 hours after the Economic and Organised Crimes Office submitted its interim report implicating
him in manipulation of documents and information to milk the country.
Reports have it that his supporters, mostly women, have stormed the police CID headquarters to demand his release.
Woyome was arrested on his way to work on Friday and was virtually forced out of his car in traffic, but it is however unclear whether his arrest follows an advice from the Attorney General and Minister of Justice Benjamin Kunbuor on the EOCO report.
Dr. Kunbuor, according to a Deputy Information Minister, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, is expected to brief President Mills on what decision to take in the never-ending Woyome saga by close of day today.
Mr. Ablakwa indicated that the President has and will always maintain his integrity to ensure that his reputation is not impugned.
President Mills tasked the Attorney General to study the interim report submitted by the EOCO and immediately advice him on government’s next line of action.
The report also established that an amount of GhC400, 000 was “paid to the wife of Mr. Nerquaye-Tetteh [Chief State Attorney] on June 16, 2011” but failed to mention reasons behind the payment.
- AFAG: TUC has betrayed Ghanaians
- We Will Stay Within Targeted Expenditure - Government Assures Private Sector, Investors
- Alfred Woyome charged with fraud, refused bail and remanded
- Government, TUC Agree On Fuel Price Decrease
- DSP Tehoda remanded again
- We Will Not Support Gays - President Mills
- State-owned Media Must Be Fair To All - NMC
- Parliament To Debate Draft National Anti-Corruption Action Plan
- Quest For Increased Female MPs - Quaye Advocates Affirmative Action
- STATEMENT: Why Gov't Statistician Had To Proceed On Leave
- Take Advantage Of ICT to Produce Cheap Energy - Mahama Advises
- Judicious Use Of Petroleum Revenue Will Ensure Economic Transformation - Pianim
- DSP Mawuenyegah Applies For Bail
- SADA To Get GHc200m For Projects
- Three ministers lose their jobs
- Speaker Advises MPs To Be Circumspect
- E.T Mensah takes over Education Ministry
- ECG Holds Crisis Meeting Over Unpaid Bills
- E.T. Mensah Takes Over Education As President Mills Okays Betty's Resignation
- Ghana’s electricity thieves; total rot at ECG as uncovered by Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- Restoring Fuel Subsidy Will Not Reduce Fares - GPRTU
- Court Baillifs Seize ECG Vehicles
- GNAT Demands Urgent Decision On Tax Threshold
- Kufuor Endorses Boycott Of EOCO
- Osafo-Maafo Drags EOCO To Court