The Minister for Employment and Social Welfare, Mr. Enoch Teye Mensah, has been assigned additional responsibility to oversee the Education Ministry until further notice.
The additional role comes after the substantive Minister Betty Mould-Iddrisu tendered in her resignation letter at the presidency on Monday.
Senior government officials have told Citi News that Betty Mould-Iddrisu stated that she does not want to distract the Better Ghana Agenda by the ruling NDC.
President Mills has since accepted the resignation letter and thanked Mrs. Mould Iddrisu for her services.
The former Attorney General's decision to resign from government comes days after President Mills fired Attorney General and Minister for Justice Martin Amidu for misconduct.
Mrs. Mould-Iddrisu had been under pressure to resign over her handling of the payment of about GhC58 million to Mr. Woyome, while she was attorney general.
The former A-G has been accused of failing to defend the case brought against the state by Mr. Woyome resulting in the payment of GH¢58 million judgment debt paid to the NDC financier.
- Judicious Use Of Petroleum Revenue Will Ensure Economic Transformation - Pianim
- DSP Mawuenyegah Applies For Bail
- SADA To Get GHc200m For Projects
- Three ministers lose their jobs
- Speaker Advises MPs To Be Circumspect
- ECG Holds Crisis Meeting Over Unpaid Bills
- E.T. Mensah Takes Over Education As President Mills Okays Betty's Resignation
- Ghana’s electricity thieves; total rot at ECG as uncovered by Anas Aremeyaw Anas
- Restoring Fuel Subsidy Will Not Reduce Fares - GPRTU
- Court Baillifs Seize ECG Vehicles
- GNAT Demands Urgent Decision On Tax Threshold
- Kufuor Endorses Boycott Of EOCO
- Osafo-Maafo Drags EOCO To Court
- GBC Needs 2million Euros For Live Telecast Of CAN 202
- Amidu 'Floored'. Can't Prove 'Gargantuan Crimes' Claims
- Workers demand immediate increase in salary
- GBA Condemns Attack On Attorney-General
- 26 Grabbed For Possession Of Offensive Weapons
- Cocaine Swap: Court Remands DSP Tehoda
- DSP Tehoda remanded; charged for stealing cocaine
- Govt To Reduce Hardship Of Workers
- Navy Has Responsibility To Protect Oil Installations - Adoko
- TUC Calls For Probe Into Molestation Of Photojournalist
- BNI Finally Complies With Court Order
- Police Reject BNI, CJ Report