According to the Koforidua district police command, the arrest was made after they were tipped off by the boy’s neigbours who suspected the birds were for sale.
Municipal Police Commander, DSP Christopher Quaicoo who spoke to Citi News said the 13 year old confirmed he was contracted by some chop bar operators to supply the vultures for free.
According to the commander, the boy will be remanded in a juvenile home as further investigations into the matter are being carried out.
He told Citi News “during interrogation he mentioned that he’s been contacted by some shop bar owners in town to do this.
“We’re still investigating and our word of caution is that everybody should be cautious because the vultures that we have in our yard, minus their features, it would be very difficult to differentiate between a vulture, a live fowl or a guinea fowl.
“So the general public should be vigilant and extra cautious when patronizing guinea fowl at various bus stops” DSP Quaicoo.
Source: Citifmonline. com
- Rival faction in Buipe searches for missing emissaries
- Young people in Northern Ghana have first sex out of curiosity
- 5 Killed In Mysterious Fire Outbreak
- Mampong Water Project - Parliament Approves Report On Tax Waiver
- Blackout Result Of Explosion At Tema Substation
- Marriage Wahala: Cooking, washing, et al must be quantified in monetary terms, Woman MP advocates
- Man Arrested For Abduction, Possiessing Military Items
- JHS Pupil Rescued From Prayer Camp
- Court sentences a trader at Beyin to 15 years
- Ghana companies to spend over GHc1 m on Christmas gifts
- Govt Will Raise Funds For HIV & AIDS Support - Veep
- Maggot infested biscuits flood Accra
- Ghanaian surgeon in UK suspended
- Fulani given 10-day ultimatum to quit Agogo lands
- Chief beats Queenmother in public
- Britain threatens to cut aid to 'Anti-gay' Ghana
- Special polio exercise underway in Bawku
- Farmers Owe State $90M
- LPG Situation Still Precarious
- JOHN OBI MIKEL'S FATHER KIDNAPPED
- Low Key Homowo In Accra
- Man Loses Legs In Accident
- Nigerian Wee Man Gets 15 Years
- 'Late' asthma research unearths potential new treatment
- Ghana, Niger clash over stolen vehicle