The death toll in the Greater Accra region for the cholera outbreak has risen to 21 out of 1570 reported cases.
Dr. Ato Eshun, the Greater Accra disease control officer in an interview with XYZ News said all hospitals are well equipped to handle cholera cases for now.
He also urged the public to quickly report such cases at the nearest hospital.
“So far a lot of cases are being reported because of the awareness situation. For now we have a little over 1570 cases and 21 deaths”.
He explained that “these deaths are due to the fact people come in the worst conditions.
“We want to entreat the general public to adhere strictly to personal and environmental hygiene”.
- Man sets five “annoying” children ablaze
- Blackouts to end in September – Energy Minister
- Man Kills Girlfriend
- Accident claims five lives at Nkawkaw
- Poor sanitation costs Ghana GH¢420m annually
- Mum Burns Daughter’s Textbooks, Clothes
- Obinim Severely Beat Me - Hot FM Host
- Over 1000 cholera cases recorded in Greater Accra
- Six suspects arrested over Oblogo Chief's death
- Oblogo in turmoil as assailants gun down chief
- Prison life is like hell - Jesus Onetouch
- 11 die from cholera in Accra
- Jesus Onetouch still in prison as paperwork delays his release
- Kpatinga residents accuse gov’t of imposing chief on them
- Jesus Onetouch In Trouble Again
- Secret attacks hit Bawku Township
- Jesus Onetouch acquitted and discharged
- 21 pilots coming for Kwahu Easter paragliding festival
- "Atemuda" suspects remanded
- Boy, 14, hangs himself
- Tension brews in Yendi over Abudu chief’s arrest
- Land guards open fire on civilians near Spintex road
- FDB stops production of illicit sex-enhancing drink
- Fake cancer curing underwear seized by the FDB
- KATH doctors call off strike; Call for board dissolution