Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital surgeons have gone on strike to demand the reinstatement of a specialist trainer.
The irate doctors have decided to lay down their tools because the specialist is the only one at their disposal since the other one died recently.
Reports say the doctors have besieged the office of the chief executive to press home their demands.
Meanwhile, the Junior Doctors Association of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital say they will continue to protest against the alleged incompetence of the current board of the hospital.
According to the doctors, though the possibility of another strike is ruled out, they will insist on improvements in hospital’s facilities.
The doctors complain the hospital’s management is misguided and are calling for a change in the management.
Dr. Osei Tutu, the President of the Junior Doctors Association of KATH said the systems put in place are not working.
“We are not in the business of making threats but we are saying that things are not going well. We must take tough decisions to make things work. Now all we hear is that there is no money. They are not paying my salary, so what are they using the money for?” he asked in an interview.
The Health Minister, Alban Bagbin, has told Citi News that persons dissatisfied with the management of the hospital must resort to laid down procedures for resolutions.
- Man slashes wife's throat over divorce threat
- Cop Rapes Married Woman
- 17 Fulanis arrested for death of two farmers
- KNUST Robber Bags 40 years
- Man kills his two kids; stabs pregnant wife
- Two die as a 40-foot articulated truck falls from Mallam overhead bridge
- Man sets five “annoying” children ablaze
- Blackouts to end in September – Energy Minister
- Man Kills Girlfriend
- Accident claims five lives at Nkawkaw
- Poor sanitation costs Ghana GH¢420m annually
- Cholera Outbreak: 21 Dead, 1570 People Affected
- Mum Burns Daughter’s Textbooks, Clothes
- Obinim Severely Beat Me - Hot FM Host
- Over 1000 cholera cases recorded in Greater Accra
- Six suspects arrested over Oblogo Chief's death
- Oblogo in turmoil as assailants gun down chief
- Prison life is like hell - Jesus Onetouch
- 11 die from cholera in Accra
- Jesus Onetouch still in prison as paperwork delays his release
- Kpatinga residents accuse gov’t of imposing chief on them
- Jesus Onetouch In Trouble Again
- Secret attacks hit Bawku Township
- Jesus Onetouch acquitted and discharged
- 21 pilots coming for Kwahu Easter paragliding festival