TWO LOVE birds at Oduom in Kumasi have died in a bizarre fashion, with the man hanging himself after he allegedly stabbed to death his girlfriend of many years, following a misunderstanding between them.
The man, whose name was not readily known, and believed to be 25 years old, on Friday afternoon shocked neighbours of Oduom when he stabbed Juliana Adwoa Afra-Aso Asiedu with a pair of scissors.
Twenty-one-year-old Aso, who was stabbed twice in the chest area, reportedly collapsed after bleeding profusely.
Some sympathizers rushed her to the Anwiam Clinic in Kumasi but she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Some people in the area mercilessly beat the jealous man, according to reports, after he committed the heinous crime, but he managed to escape and went into hiding afterwards.
Nothing was heard about him again until he was found hanging in his room on Saturday, barely 24 hours after he had ended the life of his beautiful lover.
The lifeless bodies of the former love birds had since been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) morgue awaiting autopsy.
They left behind a three-year-old boy.
Yesterday, when DAILY GUIDE visited the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Police Station where the case was reported, members of the two distraught families were seen standing in groups trying to find answers to the unfortunate incident.
Station Officer, Chief Inspector Bossman Ababio explained that he was preparing his report to the Ashanti Regional Police Public Relations Unit.
The two lovers were said to have lived happily for quite some time until their relationship was hit by trouble recently.
Though a source could not pinpoint what generated the trouble between the two, the source said the lovers, during the latter stages of their relationship, openly quarreled frequently.
He said their families tried on several occasions to resolve the differences between the two so that they could continue with their relationship, but all efforts proved futile.
He disclosed that after attempts to reconcile the two lovers had failed, it became evident that the relationship had come to its end, which situation the man vehemently rejected.
On that fateful day, the 21-year-old young mother of one was said to have started parking her belongings out of the man’s room, but it degenerated into a brawl, resulting in the man stabbing her twice in the chest area with a pair of scissors.
According to sources, Juliana’s family was said to have told her boyfriend that they could not allow the relationship to continue after she reported his abusive behaviour.
According to Daniel Asiedu, the deceased woman’s brother, the boyfriend often subjected his sister to severe beatings and when the sister could not take the abuse any longer, she opted out of the relationship.
However, the boyfriend didn’t agree to his lover’s decision and on the day she decided to pack her belongings, he chased her to the roadside where he stabbed her.
They had been cohabiting for the past five years.
Some angry young people in the area that saw what the young man did reportedly attacked him violently, making him become very weak before leaving him to his fate.
After regaining some energy, the young man went into hiding and reportedly sneaked into his room late Friday night where he hanged himself to follow his deceased girlfriend to the world of the dead.
Dr. G. Boakye of Anwiam Clinic told DAILY GUIDE that the girl was brought to the hospital very late as she had passed on already, suspecting internal bleeding as the cause of death.
He disclosed that two people said they saw the girl in a critical condition, bleeding profusely after she had been stabbed by her boy friend so they decided to rush her to the hospital for medical attention.
Dr. Boakye said aside the two wounds in the chest, the girl also had a deep cut on her left forearm, adding that had the girl arrived at the hospital a bit earlier, they could have saved her life.
He said his outfit was waiting for the autopsy report to confirm the real cause of death of the young woman.
Source: DAILY GUIDE
- Man kills his two kids; stabs pregnant wife
- KATH surgeons on strike
- Two die as a 40-foot articulated truck falls from Mallam overhead bridge
- Man sets five “annoying” children ablaze
- Blackouts to end in September – Energy Minister
- Accident claims five lives at Nkawkaw
- Poor sanitation costs Ghana GH¢420m annually
- Cholera Outbreak: 21 Dead, 1570 People Affected
- Mum Burns Daughter’s Textbooks, Clothes
- Obinim Severely Beat Me - Hot FM Host
- Over 1000 cholera cases recorded in Greater Accra
- Six suspects arrested over Oblogo Chief's death
- Oblogo in turmoil as assailants gun down chief
- Prison life is like hell - Jesus Onetouch
- 11 die from cholera in Accra
- Jesus Onetouch still in prison as paperwork delays his release
- Kpatinga residents accuse gov’t of imposing chief on them
- Jesus Onetouch In Trouble Again
- Secret attacks hit Bawku Township
- Jesus Onetouch acquitted and discharged
- 21 pilots coming for Kwahu Easter paragliding festival
- "Atemuda" suspects remanded
- Boy, 14, hangs himself
- Tension brews in Yendi over Abudu chief’s arrest
- Land guards open fire on civilians near Spintex road