A 36-year-old carpenter was on Tuesday sentenced to 36 months imprisonment in hard labour by a Kumasi Circuit Court for carnally knowing seven sheep. Kwaku Amable pleaded guilty to the charge.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Comfort Baffour-Kyei told the Court presided over by Mr Justice Emmanuel Amoh-Yartey that the complainant, Adamu Issaka is a security man with the Kent Security Firm, who live with Amable in the same area at Buokrom Limex Quarry.She explained that Adamu who rears sheep at his backyard noticed that seven of his livestock had died mysteriously within a month. At about midnight on March 25, the complainant was awoken by the bleating of one of the sheep in a pen compelling him to find the cause.
Adamu approached the pen with a flash light and saw a pair of bathroom sandals at the entrance as well as a towel hanging on the pen.
He became more curious and when he entered it, he detected that one of the sheep was lying down weak and upon examination found out that some whitish fluid was lodge in its vulva.
Adamu became astonished and decided to look round to ascertain who might have entered the pen and to his surprise, the light fell on Amable, who was hiding in his backyard garden naked.
Amable started pleading for mercy and asked Adamu not to disclose it to anyone. The complainant agreed but later changed his mind and made a report to the police leading to the arrest of the convict.
In his caution statement, he confessed sleeping with four of the animals on different occasions.
- President Mills meets Andani leaders
- Galamsey operator Jailed 5 years for stealing mobile phone
- PHOTO: Man who bonked 7 sheep jailed 36 months
- Ban on street hawking & buying effective tomorrow April 1
- ECG sorry for blackout during Ghana-England game
- Court acquits Ya-Na murder suspects
- 'Killer' husband burnt to death
- Concerned teachers to hit the streets again
- GH¢80m voted for biometric voting in 2012
- Policeman shot in the eyes dies
- Mass weeping, as Fetish Priest’s lotto numbers failed to drop
- Man butchers two to death, severs wife’s breast
- Tamale group threatens demo against AVRL
- Hunter mistook man for a game
- Boy, 18, hangs himself
- Defiant ‘noisemaking pastors’ plead with AMA over suit
- Wee man grabbed
- AIDS patients pounce on mad women
- "Ghana has stopped thinking" - Mensah Otabil
- Expresso launches "Shake up" talk plan
- Photo:The desperate parents of Three year old boy
- 85% of sachet water not safe-Research reveals
- Two armed robbers sentenced to 148 years
- CJ underscores the need to provide sustainable legal services for suspects
- President Mills urges Ministers of the Gospel to criticize politicians when necessary