Information reaching an Accra-base fm station indicates that the police in Yendi have impounded a wine BMW saloon car with arms.
The car with registration number AS 5717 X was impounded at about 12 mid-day on Tuesday.
An eyewitness, Abubakari Zakariah Nachin-Naa, Assembly Member for Gagbini Fong in Yendi narrated the situation and said “the issue of it is that when these people came the police in Yendi confronted them to stop and they refused and sped through another route that is passing Gagbini Electoral Area.
According to the Assembly man “that is my electoral area and they were trying to enter into the temporary palace with the car, fortunately the police in Yendi were able to stop them near the palace and the occupants took to their heels.
“The police managed to take the car to the police station and they got some AK47 ammunitions from the car and they have even deflated the tyres of the car at the police station.”
The Northern Regional Police Commander confirmed the interception and in his own words, “We have impounded a vehicle which was carrying some arms and the car has been taken to our station.”
Asked on what make of weapons were retrieved, he disclosed,
“Actually one AK47 was retrieved from the car with a loaded magazine” and he said he would not rule out the fact that Yendi was sitting on a time bomb.
- Obama invites Mills to G8 Summit; Zuma and Goodluck dropped
- Ghanaians must debate on a common vision - Zimbabwean deputy PM
- Interception Of AK47 In Yendi... Investigations Stalled?
- Parliament Blamed For Failing To Pass RTI Bill
- We Need A Gold Refinery In The Country - Kwesi Pratt
- CHRAJ boss resignation is long overdue - Vitus Azeem
- Unemployed Graduates Blast Minister
- Ghana At UN General Assembly Meeting
- Over 200,000 guns in circulation in Ghana
- CHRAJ boss given 24hrs to resign or faces court action
- USAG threatens demo against NDC, NPP on violence
- NPP’s Akwasi Osei Adjei acquitted of all charges
- Ghana's Peace, Stability Under Serious Threat - NMC
- Spio-Gabrah charges police to avert vigilante justice
- The World Is Watching Ghana – US Official
- Govt's Agenda To Ensure Better Life For Ghanaians On Course - Mills
- Update: Kennedy Agyapong faces charge of treason
- Kennedy Agyapong in CID grips
- Gov’t secures $1bn of $3bn CDB loan; Rest due April ending
- Nana Akufo Addo Reiterates His Commitment to Improve Living Conditions
- Akufo-Addo: Free SHS education is feasible
- Minister Fights Kwaku Baako
- Parliament to summon IGP
- DI: Ghana's blessings being squandered by leadership of broken promises
- Robbers Kill Policeman At Ashaiman