The Convention People’s Party (CPP) says the NPP vice presidential candidate’s lecture on the state of the economy failed to offer ideas to transform Ghana’s economy.
According to the party, Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia should have suggested ways Ghanaians could benefit from the nation’s mineral resources.
The Communications Director of the CPP, Nii Armah Akomfrah in an interview with Citi News, said Dr. Bawumia said nothing new about the country’s economy.
“We expected Dr. Bawumia to pass comments about transforming the current situation of our nation’s economy. Everything he said about the single-digit inflation in Ghana, are things we have hammered on consistently. If you see nothing wrong with 90% of our gold and other resources being handled externally, then we have a problem,” he said
He added that the NPP running mate only discredited statistics which the NPP had previously asked Ghanaians to trust.
- Public officers contesting elections must resign now – GII
- Bawumia does not understand statistical figures - GSS
- Ghanaian Muslims condemn hate speech
- CPP picks flagbearer on Saturday
- Kufuor Schools Vice Prez John Mahama
- Prisoners unwilling to register – Afari Gyan
- Nana Meets Volta Chiefs
- No Need For Wholesale Extension – Registration Officials
- J.J Rawlings to lecture African leaders on governance
- People who want to win power through violence will fail - Asantehene
- Ken Agyapong's lawyers to file for discharge
- NDC, NPP Fail To Seek Welfare Of People - Bright Akwetey
- We Must Aim At Building Nation For All - Bawumia
- Ashanti Region Tops Multiple Registration
- Bawumia’s analysis full of inaccuracies and distortions - MoF
- Registration of prisoners in limbo with 48hrs to end biometric exercise
- Bawumia’s diagnosis can help NDC solve economic crisis - Osafo Maafo
- Akufo-Addo, Bawumia are 'jewels from heaven' - Kufuor
- Bawumia misled Ghanaians by comparing tomatoes with oranges - Asaga
- You can’t manage the economy with propaganda – Dr. Bawumia
- CPP presidential aspirant embarks on nationwide tour
- Fix the ailing economy and stop the propaganda - NPP
- We’ll deal with troublemakers – Ghana Police
- Registration Officials Sacked
- Mills has surrounded himself with law students - Kpegah