A Deputy Communications Director of the NPP, Yaw Buabeng Asamoah, has expressed disappointment at Vice President John Mahama’s comments on the Kennedy Agyapong saga.
The Vice President condemned the comments made by the Assin North lawmaker while addressing members of the Tertiary Education Institution Network (TEIN) over the weekend
Mr. Asamoah said the Vice President should have addressed the root cause of such speeches.
“Unfortunately, if there are comments that raise the political temperature, with the authority of the state at one’s command, if you believe you have to use repressive measures to control that, you must go about it in a way that calms the situation, not aggravate it,” he said.
However, an aide to the Vice President, John Jinapor, said the NPP Communications Director misunderstood the statement of the Vice President.
He said: “I find his [Buabeng Asamoah] comments very unfortunate. The vice president assured Ghanaians that we will have a peaceful election."
Mr. Jinapor maintained that the Vice President's message focused largely on unity and reconciliation.
- CPP presidential aspirant embarks on nationwide tour
- Fix the ailing economy and stop the propaganda - NPP
- We’ll deal with troublemakers – Ghana Police
- Registration Officials Sacked
- Mills has surrounded himself with law students - Kpegah
- Drop charges against Ken Agyapong or risk a knockout – Ayikoi Otoo
- ‘Police Infected With NDC Lies’
- CID Chases Kennedy’s Boy
- Gov’t replies Kufuor; Condemns ‘treasonable’ comments of Ken Agyapong
- CID pursues Ken Agyapong’s staff
- I've 4 Children From The Volta Region...I Cannot Hate Ewes Or Gas - Ken Agyapong
- You Don’t Grant Bail On Habeas Corpus…It Was “Unreasonable” For Judge To Grant Ken Bail
- NPP commends Judiciary for upholding rule of law
- Man arrested for registering 15 times
- Ken Agyapong granted bail on fresh terrorism charge
- Ken Agyapong back in court with fresh charges
- Chief Justice Appoints Registration Review Officers
- Ken Agyapong granted bail
- Do not succumb to provocation - Joyce Aryee tells political parties
- Kufuor advises Mills about Kennedy Agyapong
- Magistrate court: Agyapong case too heavy for us
- Nduom: What Is Happening In Ghana... Who Is In Charge?
- Irate NPP supporters storm court for Kennedy Agyapong trial
- Presby Moderator Wants Election Date Changed
- Ghana Has Become A Lawless Country - Ambolley