The leadership of the NDC will be meeting to make a decision on the party’s logo.
The former First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings has threatened to place a ban on the use of the NDC’s logo, the umbrella, if the leadership continues to disrespect the ideals of the party and her family.
In a letter written to the National Chairman of the NDC, Dr. Kwabena Adjei, she stated that she holds the copyrights to the logo known as the ‘akatamanso’ which is the party uses as its symbol.
Stanley Ahulu, legal counsel for the former first lady on Citi Eyewitness News, said “When somebody has intellectual property interests and feels it has been violated in anyway, she has the right to protect it.”
He revealed that the Mrs. Rawlings had made her concerns about the party’s logo known in the past and would take action if those concerns were not dealt with.
The propaganda secretary of the party, Richard Quashiga, on the other hand, said the party executives will deliberate on the matter.
“Nevertheless the NDC will remain united and victorious in the upcoming elections,” he added.
- Revealed: What Rawlings Demanded During Meeting With Volta Chiefs
- Name the traitors & give specifics – Ablakwa tells Rawlings
- Rawlings Is Traitor Says Nii Lantey
- Ex-Copyright Boss: ‘Umbrella’ Insignia Was Registered As An Artistic Work Belonging To Nana Konadu
- Nana Konadu's Logo Threat Won't Intimidate Us - NDC
- Nana Konadu threatens to withdraw NDC logo
- Kofi Adams' suspension to be settled out of court
- Court to rule on Kofi Adams' suspension from NDC today
- Rawlings: NDC has blown the chance to win 2012 elections
- Kofi Adams drags NDC to court over suspension
- Ashanti NDC accuses Kwesi Ofori of selective justice
- NDC full of sycophants & cowards – Hon. Nyaunu
- NDC to use chiefs to reconcile Mills & Rawlingses
- Rawlings knows he would be better off under Mills than Akufo-Addo – Fred Agbenyo
- Kofi Adams’ suspension is a deja vu; NDC must probe first – Josiah Aryeh
- NDC-Rawlings rift really requires a mediator – Dr. Whyte
- Rawlings: Mills’ govt speeding Ghana into an abyss
- NDC boycotts programmes of Multimedia Company Ltd
- The Rawlingses Carries Out Their Threat
- Mills' men rigged Sunyani congress - Nana Konadu
- NDC Man Sprayed With Acid
- Rawlings can make or break NDC rally - Amakye
- Bimbila NDC office in flames; Youth protesting chieftaincy ruling
- Don't use Rawlings' name to publicise NDC events - Rawlings
- “Sack all NDC executives in government”