Spokesperson for the Rawlingses, Kofi Adams has stated that it will be very difficult for the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) to win election 2012 without the presence of the party’s founder, Jerry John Rawlings on the campaign train.
According to him, so long as the former president is alive and very active in the country’s body politic, the NDC will need his contribution to retain power.
Kofi Adams who was speaking in an interview on an Accra-base FM station's Morning Show noted that the NDC has not gone to an election without Rawlings so it will be difficult for anybody to conclude that the party can do without him (Rawlings).
“I have heard a lot of people say the NDC can win the election without Rawlings, but we have not gone for any election without him for us to be sure of this. From what I know on the ground and the kind of calls and concerns we receive daily from the grassroots, it will be very difficult. It will be easier for a camel to go through the hole of a needle than for the NDC to win an election without Jerry Rawlings,” he noted.
The suspended NDC Deputy General Secretary also raised concerns about the obvious sidelining of the founder from some major party decision processes such as the nomination of a running mate and the merging with other political parties, and believes such calculated actions will not inure to the benefit of the NDC come December.
He disclosed that Mr Rawlings was not informed of the party’s merger with Dr Obed Asamoah’s Democratic Freedom Party (DFP), and further claimed his boss was deliberately sidelined from the Council of Elders' meeting which agreed on the merger because of his [Rawlings] recent criticisms of the ruling party and government.
“….even if Rawlings is alive and has no problem with the party but for some circumstantial reasons he does not campaign for the party, it could still affect our chances…a lot of things are going on within the NDC party that the founder of the party is not informed about but when he deems it necessary to comment about it, then people will go round that he is the problem in the NDC even in the face of the gross disrespect being shown towards him,” he said.
- BETTY Refutes 'UK Houses Story'...Says “It’s A Complete And Absolute Fabrication"
- Hannah Tetteh Replies Rawlings
- Kofi Adams Is Fighting The NDC Spiritually – Anita De Souso
- NDC Diabolic Ploy Exposed
- Rawlingses Not Part Of NDC's 20th Anniversary Celebrations?
- Abudu Royals drag NDC to UNDP
- NDC could lose election 2012 without the Rawlingses
- Revealed: What Rawlings Demanded During Meeting With Volta Chiefs
- Name the traitors & give specifics – Ablakwa tells Rawlings
- Rawlings Is Traitor Says Nii Lantey
- Ex-Copyright Boss: ‘Umbrella’ Insignia Was Registered As An Artistic Work Belonging To Nana Konadu
- Nana Konadu's Logo Threat Won't Intimidate Us - NDC
- NDC to decide on Nana Konadu's 'akatamanso'
- Nana Konadu threatens to withdraw NDC logo
- Kofi Adams' suspension to be settled out of court
- Court to rule on Kofi Adams' suspension from NDC today
- Rawlings: NDC has blown the chance to win 2012 elections
- Kofi Adams drags NDC to court over suspension
- Ashanti NDC accuses Kwesi Ofori of selective justice
- NDC full of sycophants & cowards – Hon. Nyaunu
- NDC to use chiefs to reconcile Mills & Rawlingses
- Rawlings knows he would be better off under Mills than Akufo-Addo – Fred Agbenyo
- Kofi Adams’ suspension is a deja vu; NDC must probe first – Josiah Aryeh
- NDC-Rawlings rift really requires a mediator – Dr. Whyte
- Rawlings: Mills’ govt speeding Ghana into an abyss