The New Patriotic Party (NPP) Member of Parliament for Asikuma/Odoben/ Abrakwa, Mr Paul Collins Appiah-Ofori, has said he did not seek re-
election to the legislature because he could not use the forum to fight corruption.
He alleged that corruption in the country was becoming worse, saying, “during the NPP time, corruption did not reduce and it has still not reduced with the coming into power of the National Democratic Party (NDC) Government.”
Mr Appiah-Ofori made the assertion in an interview with the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in Accra, after President Evans Atta Mills had ended his State of the Nation address to Parliament, which was on the theme: “ Still Building A Better Ghana .”
Mr Appiah-Ofori said he had much confidence in President Mills because he advocated anti–corruption but the president had been a deception to Ghanaians.
The MP said: “I feel I am only wasting my time here. If Parliament, which is the tool to lead the fight, has not succeeded, then what am I doing here? I have to leave.”
Mr Appiah-Ofori, who was clad in traditional black mourning cloth just as other NPP MPs, said though he was obliged to assist his constituency in many ways, his main aim of going to Parliament was to fight corruption, which he could not achieve.
- Four years under NDC is a wasted period in Ghana history - Sammy Awuku
- Ofosu Ampofo Is Afraid Of NPP In Fanteakwa - Akufo Addo
- Akufo-Addo Has Shown Impressive Restraint - Kufuor
- Akufo-Addo has shown impressive restraint – Kufuor
- Attempts To Draw NPP Into Woyomegate Will Fail – Akomea
- NDC’s irresponsible and criminal attitude must stop – NPP
- GBC make-up artiste shocked by YouTube video
- NPP joins protestation of NHIS Capitation
- Nigerians must Emulate Ghana's Political Example - Mac Manu
- Akufo-Addo at a town hall meeting in Houston
- Full Speech: Akufo-Addo speaks to business community in Houston
- What Is Wrong If ECG Foots My $200 A Night Hotel Bill?
- Prez Mills Is Responsible For “Woyome Mess
- You must be militant and fearless - Karbo charges NPP youth
- NPP group in Tema West threatens to vote “skirt and blouse”
- NPP demands reason for Betty's resignation
- NPP Supporters Express Concern
- Dr Assibey Calls For Support For Nana Akufo-Addo
- Dr Assibey calls for support for Nana Akufo-Addo
- I never endorsed Dr. Bawuamia as Nana Addo’s running mate - P.C. Appiah Ofori
- NPP still silent on veep choice
- I will not campaign for Nana Addo in 2012 - A-Plus
- NPP will only cooperate if Woyome saga is investigated publicly – Jake insists
- Nana Addo must make me running mate or… : Sheikh
- ‘Bitter Christmas’ for NPP caucus as Woyome readies to sue