he flagbearer of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Nana Akufo-Addo, has said strengthening the agriculture sector and the economy will be his priority if he is elected president of Ghana.
Nana Addo said improving the two sectors will improve the lives of Ghanaians.
The main opposition flagbearer and his running mate, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, are touring the Upper East region with their ‘Restore Hope’ campaign.
Nana Addo made the pledge when he addressed a gathering at Garu in the Upper East region.
“Every country needs a strong economy and the main target of an Akufo-Addo government will be agriculture,” Nana Addo stated. “We will do to farmers in the North what Kufuor did for cocoa farmers.”
- Bawku Central MP, Adamu Dramani convicted
- Akufo-Addo mourns the death of President Mills
- Dr. Bawumia begins tour of Mamprugu
- Akufo-Addo meets German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- NPP calls for IPAC meeting over anomalies in BVR
- NPP must focus on issues - Samira Bawumia
- NPP Rally: Many Injured In Kumasi
- Nana Addo & Bawumia storm Ashanti region
- Nana Addo resumes nationwide tour with running mate, Bawumia
- NPP guru reports to CID today
- Nana Akomea: NPP will cooperate with police over Ken Agyapong’s arrest
- Five Rioters Before Court
- MND Jawula: Naturally I'm sad but...
- CONFIRMED: Dr. Bawumia is Akufo-Addo’s running mate
- Woyomegate could never have happened under me - Nana Akufo-Addo
- NPP Already At The Castle - Appiah-Pinkrah
- NPP: Economy is sinking; Give us chance to fix it
- Nationwide blackout part of NDC plan to rig election- Sammy Awuku
- Nana Akufo-Addo to speak on BBC’s 'Hard Talk'
- Four years under NDC is a wasted period in Ghana history - Sammy Awuku
- Ofosu Ampofo Is Afraid Of NPP In Fanteakwa - Akufo Addo
- Akufo-Addo Has Shown Impressive Restraint - Kufuor
- Akufo-Addo has shown impressive restraint – Kufuor
- Attempts To Draw NPP Into Woyomegate Will Fail – Akomea
- I Couldn't Fight Corruption - Appiah-Ofori